Monday, July 19, 2010

# 14

Alright. so yes i have been a tad bit un-faithful to my readers...all two of them. my last post was almost a year ago, and thanks to the urging of a good friend, i have been inspired to keep up on what's been going on my life.



First, i have moved into my beautiful house. in fact in september it will mark my one year aniversary. and many things have changed since i moved. the biggest one is my cat sammie. a great love of my life. i bought sammie from the humane society on a whim - i had a mouse in my house and it was either buy a cat or sell. i had no other options. i was honestly ready to sell. anyways, i ended up moving into my parent's house for about 3 weeks while my brother-in-law and i tried to catch this damn rodent. we eventually caught him and went through the whole house and tried our best to mouse-prof it for this comming fall. since i've had sammie i haven't had a mouse yet and i've been less careful (dishes sit in the sink with food in them and i don't clean on top of my stove as much as i used to), and so far i've been pretty lucky. knock on wood. and sammie is the icing on the cake. i am not a cat person, i can't stress that enough, but darn it that little guy is so damn cute i just want to eat him up.



So here's a crazy story for you about my mouse-capades. Ok so i saw the mouse on monday morning, when i got to my parents (i drop my dog off there everymorning for doggy day care), i told my dad. he was like, so go by some traps. thanks for understanding dad. anyways, my mom calls me at work at says i can stay at their house untill it is caught. at least one of them understands the hell my life was in at the point. so i go and by some traps that night, the sticky kind because the other kinds i dont particulary enjoy cleaning up after. so i set some up and wait a few days...nothing. so i have now decided that im going to outsmart this thing - i set up a huge piece of cheese in the kitchen and surround the cheese completly with the sticky traps. there are 7 sticky traps in a circle around the cheese - this way the mouse has to step on the traps to get to the cheese. a few days later i head over there to check on the progress. here is the interesting part - the sticky traps have been pused aside and the chesse is gone. like seriously? how smart is this thing? so anyways, im hyperventalating because this mouse is nuts, and i decide to go and buy some snap traps. after i re-gain my ability to breath, i notice something strange...there are only 6 sticky traps by where the cheese was. one is missing. i thought the mouse pushed then apart, but instead he took one with him somewhere. im freaking out now. i rush out of the house and call my sister hysterically. so her and my brother -in-law offer to come over later and help set up the snap traps. two days later - we got him. dead. thank heavens. the strange part - i never found the missing sticky trap. my sister thinks i might have had two mice and one got stuck on it, but where would it have gone? and i would have smelt it decaying....creepy right? totally. and to this day i still have not found the sticky trap...



What else has been happening since then? besides work, my life is pretty boring. nothing super huge or exciting has been happening that i can think of, but now that im going to keep up on this blog there should be some great stories that happen during the week to write about.



Oh, quick question - is it wrong to be obsessed with someone im stalking on facebook? i've meet him a few times, but i have become a hard-core stalker...even stalking his sisters. it's sad. i hope it will progress into more so i will have some stuff to talk about on here besides what his facebook status told me he's doing...



haha, ok well that's all for now.

1 comment:

I'm back...... said...

What a great surprise today!!! Between my sister starting a blog and you coming back to your blog I think I may have to re-enact mine this evening before I go to bed.

Your writing is so hilarious and interesting to read.

Btw, I'm totally with you on the stalking thing.... I thought I was the only person doing it. Considering I do it too I am probably not the best person to ask about whether it makes you a crazy person. Let me know the final answer on that question.. I'm interested.